02 dezembro, 2019

Mirtha Dermisache





S/título,  c.1972



S/Título 1973


S/Título c. 1970


S/Título, 1970












"I started writing and the result was something unreadable. In fact, illegibility is a key aspect of my work. With hindsight, I must admit that all my works create some tension between the communication formats offering a stable framework and the act of writing, which provides the unstable dimension. Maybe it’s like saying that for me the liberation of the sign takes place within culture and history, and not on their margins. In this sense my work is not behind the times, at all. Graphically speaking, every time I start writing I develop a formal idea that can be transformed into the idea of time. My work is characterized by movement. There are no closed forms.
There are no secrets in my work. I develop a form up to its highest point of evolution. You will never find any title referring to feelings or psychological dimensions. Titles just identify the format, i.e. they tell how to organize writings on the paper and possibly their order of appearance in a given year of production."

Mirtha Dermisache, September 2011


Mirtha Dermisache, Buenos Aires, 1940-2012

Nenhum comentário: