28 dezembro, 2015

Ellsworth Kelly, 1923-2015

Ellsworth Kelly, Green Curves, 1951

Ellsworth Kelly

Ellsworth Kelly, Sculpture for a Large Wall, 1957


Ellsworth Kelly


Ellsworth Kelly


*
My first memory of focusing through an aperture occurred when I was around twelve years old. One evening, passing the lighted window of a house. I was fascinated by red, blue and black shapes inside a room. But when I went up and looked in, I saw a red coach, a blue drape and a black table. The shapes had disappeared. I had to retreat to see them again.

*
Making art has first of all to do with honesty. My first lesson was to see objectively, to erase all ‘meaning’ of the thing seen. Then only, could the real meaning of it be understood and felt.


*
The form of my painting is the content.


Nenhum comentário: